ACN RVP

ACN RVP

Friday, December 17, 2010

No more excuses!

I'm back from a memorable weekend in San Diego. It was my 5th international convention and it was a very special one for me because I was promoted to a new position and walked the stage in front of over 20 thousand people! There is nothing like getting recognition for hard work.
This has been the greatest environment for my development. It has pushed me to grow and overcome my fears. The recognition for that was overwhelming. I will NEVER go back to the corporate job world there is nothing there that stimulates my growth. When I hit my promotion I received tons of phone calls, text messages, high five and hugs from people in my team and people that barely know me. Why would I go back to a place where a promotion means people resent you, talk about you behind your back and are jealous of your accomplishments?!

Even though I am having this success there are always people who will doubt themselves as they watch me grow. They say, well thats nice but I think I don't want to sell, or a I think they are manipulating people or I don't have the ability to sell or talk to people...
What a tragedy. The people that say no to this amazing opportunity are just cheating themselves out of their true potential. Its even more of a shame when someone lets their broke friends, people that have never achieved anything of significance because of their own fear of overcoming their own mind to become great, talk them out of such a life changing opportunity.

Just for the record everyone, the people with sales skills, or public speaking skills do not typically do well in this industry. I am looking for the people with no skills who just have a desire to experience a new direction in their life. A direction that will bring them new skills, new friends, travel to places they have never seen before etc..

What will it take for people to wake up and realize that your company does NOT care about your personal development. They WILL discard you when they figure out how your job can be replaced by technology or they find someone who is willing to do your job for less pay.
I have a friend who has 7 PhD's, yes 7! He was recently fired from is job and is unemployed right now.
Do you think going back to school is the answer? Think again, school teaches you how to be broke and takes your money to do it.

Have you ever the story of the sower and the reaper? The sower is the laborer who works the fields of the reaper every day and the reaper takes all the reward. Now some of us like the people who have partnered with me, are sowing our own fields. Unfortunately 97% of the population is sowing the fields of someone else and funding their bosses dreams because they believe there is no other way.

Here's the bottom line... I don't care if you are sick, your tired from work or you find it uncomfortable to hand someone a DVD and say "would you put this into your dvd player and watch this" ( Like that takes a PhD), you all have the potential inside of you to be great. To achieve things you would never even dream possible, to live the lifestyle you deserve! Just drop all of those excuses (because that's all that they are is excuses) because it will be much more uncomfortable to be broke and living paycheck to paycheck.

As Greg Provenzano so powerfully says, " You need to start living the life that you deserve... RIGHT NOW!"

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Post My Friend.
    Congratulations on the promotion.
    Just keep your eye on the prize.
    It's only time. That's it. You said it best...It's doesn't take a PhD to do this, but you can earn more than all of the PhDs that graduated in your class if you stick with it...
    ~b2

    ReplyDelete